Ruvo tombstone was a half-chamber tomb dating back to the end of the IV century – beginning of V century AD. The tomb was discovered in Ruvo (Bari) in 1833 and the six tombstones representing dancing women are painted by fresco. They are considered a masterpiece of ancient funerary art and are now shown in the National Archaeological Museum in Naples. Since the discovering, the tombstones were subjected to several restorations. The CHNet researchers have started a diagnostic campaign with the aim of documenting, by different techniques, the “history” of the tombstones and to try to distinguish the original parts from the restored ones. In this first phase of the project, the researchers performed Ultraviolet observation and Infrared reflectrometry in order to have information respectively about restoration interventions and drawings/dates not visible at naked eye.